One of the stressful things that needs to be handled with subtle and trick while you are working with foreigners or internationally involves the risk that small and minute everyday gestures can also misinterpreted badly while leaving adverse influence on them that could also affect your business deals and meeting in a negative way. For example if you are nodding your head up and down in America this gesture signifies that you are agree with certain person. But in Bulgaria the same gesture is interpreted asyou are disagreeing with certain person by doing so. Physical gestures play an important role while you are having a meeting in a foreign country. Fromwhat to wear, which title to be used, how to carry on the negotiations and whether or not to bring a gift are the questions and tasks that business needs to answer and deal while working with international business people. For example, it is a custom in Thailand to exchange gifts during your second business meeting. However, gift giving is considered to be a form of bribery and it is illegal in China. Whereas it’s common to call business colleagues by their first names in North America, but this is considered inappropriate in Japan. Japanese acquaintances should always be called by their title or by their last name with the prefix san. There is Time orientated cultures like that of the British or Germans they always have strict approaches for runningbusiness meetings. The start time and finishing time and all the different stages and discussions and actions during the meeting will be planned carefully. And don’t think you can ignore foreign etiquette while you are meeting over the Internet like virtual meeting. Virtual meetings are still required to reflect the customs and traditions of the individuals you’re meeting and it also comes with same rules apply.
Virtual meetings also have the added difficulty as you are not physically being with the people you are having a business deal. A misinterpreted sentence could lead to a major misunderstanding and you have no chance to mend that afterwards.International business etiquette comes in many shapes and sizes. All over the world people from different cultures have got different etiquette rules for personal space, communication, gift giving, food, business meetings etc. For those who want to make a good impression and understanding of international business etiquette it is a crucial task.Some cultures like to talk loudly like US and Germany, some softly like India and China, some speak directly like Holland and Denmark others indirectly like UK and Japan, some tolerate interrupting others while speaking to Brazil not with Canada some are very blunt and bold like Greece and some very flowery like found in Middle East. Without the right international business etiquette application, the international delegates can be easily offended. We can say that good etiquette is very helpful in maintaining good terms and ties with people. Those that lack etiquette are considered as rough and rude and they leave a very bad impression in the business meeting.
Related Agenda Templates
- Business Meeting: Tips for writing Thank You Letter The importance of the business meeting is only understood by the person, who is running huge successful business. If one business or organization is successful today is the only because of their hard work and an appropriate organized success of the business meetings. If you also want to make your business on the top among the all businesses around the world then you should focus on the […]
- How to send Request for Business Meeting? As you know business meeting is very important to make an organization successful among the business world. If you want to make your business meetings successful then you have to first decide an appropriate meeting agenda. If you know the right procedure of setting meeting agenda then you are very close to the success. To set a meeting agenda, it is important to include all relevant […]
- Effective Business Meeting Planning In the corporate world, business meetings are very common. These business meetings are conducted for a various reasons such as to discuss the future of the company, any future products or services that the company plans on launching, strategic decisions that are to be made, mergers and acquisitions and etc. These business meetings are conducted with the top management and the […]
- Selecting Suitable Business Meeting Rooms Once you prepare a meeting agenda then it is a time for deciding perfect venue for the meeting. As you know that the business success is depend on the business meeting. We can say that the business meetings are the powerful weapon for business. Therefore, you should select suitable business meeting venue. It is your choice to select one of the office rooms for meeting or reserve a […]
- Business Meeting Location Requirements To run a business successfully, it is very important to organize a business meeting in well and proper manner. The most important thing that should be taken into consideration while organizing a business meeting is the location in which you are planning to hold a meeting. You should make a list of requirement that you need in a location of the business meeting. If anything, you missed […]
- Business Meeting Format Guidelines Business meetings are of great importance in today's business world whether you like to attend it or not. Meetings give a chance for teams to get together and share ideas to each other to active the productivity of the business, solve the problems and to find out possible solutions for the problems and also business meetings provides an opportunity and a platform for employees of […]
- General Purpose Office Meeting Agenda Template The importance of General Purpose Meeting can only be understood by the person who is the owner of the business. As you know, every meeting is held for a reason. If the business is working hard to make its meeting successful then it means, they are working to achieve meeting agenda. You will never organize a successful meeting until you make a proper plan to accomplish the agenda. The […]
- Business Meeting: Frequently Asked Questions Meetings give a chance for teams to get together and share ideas to each other to active the productivity of the business, solve the problems and to find out possible solutions for the problems and also business meetings provides an opportunity and a platform for employees of different companies or within the same company but from different departments to learn from each other and to […]
- Seminar Meeting Agenda Template It is very important for any organization that it be up-to-date with the world and the business world and that its employees know everything that is to know about staying current. This is why many organizations conduct seminars on a regular basis. Seminars are great way for organizations to bring in professionals from a field and to teach the employees about a specific subject. But […]
- How to Prepare Business Meeting Agenda? To create an effective agenda is the most important thing to make a meeting successful. It is mandatory for a business to organize successful meetings because it is good for company’s reputation as a whole. Once you achieve the goal to make a perfect agenda for the meeting then all other steps to accomplished further goals of a company will become easy for you. The main aim of a […]